Monday 19 September 2011

triple bagger

Last Friday I briefly mentioned what I would get up to on Saturday morning.

Well, actually I mainly talked about how it had been a hell of a week.  Friday was by far and away the worst day.  I actually did what was basically a 12 hour day at work, and that was before having to go shopping and do a bunch of other bits so that the weekend would be easier.

I ended up basically passing out at about 10:30 (very late for me) and of course I get up earlier when it’s a cleaning weekend so tat I can get into the laundrette when it opens, so I was then up at 6:00.

Actually, I got up at about 5:30AM as when I got up for a pee in the early morning I was wide awake and I filled in the time by watching a bit of telly.

The actually washing was a triple bagger - I had two black bags full of clothes and then another bag with bed sheets and towels.  I used one of the big machines and one of the medium machines and then three tumble dryers.  It actually cost a fortune, but it means I’d caught up with the overspill that was left when I switched to ding my own washing.

Best thing was that there was literally nobody in there, so I wasn’t using up machines other people wanted access too.  I also noticed on Sunday morning that the place was completely empty when I walked past it on my (slightly delayed) morning walk, so I may put that knowledge to use later on.

Particularly when the winter proper rolls around.  I’m worried that when I fully break out the warmer clothes I may have trouble with the amount of washing I need to do.  I mean, obviously the warmer clothes tend to be bigger, but of course I wear multiple layers, so that means loads more clothes.

Part of the saving grace might be that I won’t be quite so tied into doing it every other week - the F1 season will obviously be over, so timing's not so critical.  If I can also use Sunday mornings, that may help too.

I actually took the first step with winter as I broke out the winter duvet.  Eventually I’ll end up with both duvets and only wearing jeans and tracky bottoms, but for now it’s just the warmer duvet.  Of course that does mean I’ll have to actually buy some new winter clothes...

I threw away quite a few clothes hen I switched to summer clothes.  Partly that was due to the diet (and certainly most of them would now be too big) but also most of them were rather knackered and replacing anyway.

Where the heck I’m going to get the cash for that from I’m not sure.

I actually had to get a bunch of stuff on e-bay this weekend as my finances were looking a bit tight.  I got a letter a few weeks back that they were increasing the cost of my electricity, so I took the calculated gamble of buying advance buying a load of electricity this month so that I wouldn’t be so badly impacted when properly cold weather comes around.

Of course that put a really big hole in my finances, because I can’t use credit cards to buy the electricity.  I therefore did some e-baying of a bunch of stuff, especially as it was a no-insertion fee weekend.

No comments: