Monday 26 September 2011

singapore GP

Sebastian Vettel very nearly took the championship this weekend.

Well, let's be frank - he has the championship, but there's a mathematical chance that Button could win it.  However, it's so slim a chance that it's negligible - Button would have to win every single race from here on out (a couple of the circuits - Japan definitely - suit the Red Bull car down to the ground) and Vettel would have to score no points at all.

Or, to put it even more bluntly, if Seb scores one more point in the entire rest of the season, then he takes the championship.  So it's his.

The Grand Prix itself was okay.  It was still horribly long and there wasn't a huge amount of overtaking.  Most of that overtaking came from DRS, KERS and the tyres.  Let's be frank - it's a terribly boring race that the excellent new rules helped to make okay.

Lewis was a bit in the wars again.  Massa must think Lewis has a personal grudge against him, as he keeps ending up the victim.  But then he must wonder at his luck full stop as everyone keeps crashing into him - Webber at Monza, for example.

I think the punishment for Lewis was very harsh, but you can understand it, as he did virtually ruined Massa's race.

I've gotta say I do think the Stewards are very inconsistent.  Schumacher got the lightest slap on the wrist at Monza and Lewis has ended up with a penalty simply because it's very difficult to see exactly where the tip of your front wing is.

Anyway, I also got my haircut as planned.

I don't actually enjoy getting my haircut.  I do get it cut at the same place, so I'm a bit more used to the girls they have and the environs now, but it's still something I just don't feel comfortable with.

My guess is that this is in no small part because my mum used to cut my hair.  I don't mean in a random way - she used to be a hairdresser (I believe she used to have her own hairdressers before the bank stopped the funding/overdraft or something like that).  As such, I've essentially grown up without the need to get used to a non-family member fiddling about with your hair and a sharp pair of scissors.

One thing that does puzzle me is, despite having the exact same cut type (number 2/3 on the back and sides, season and weather depending, and scissor trim on the top) it looks different depending on who's done it.  A key difference is how high up they take the trimming bit - some do only a sort of lower chunk that doesn't go above my temples, but others take it right up the full side of my head.

Weirdly I ran into the girl who used to do my favourite version when I was out on one of my longer walks.  I thought she'd been sacked or moved on, but she said she'd had an operation and that's why she'd not been in.

No comments: