Tuesday 13 May 2008

Delivery from Japan

My copies of June NewType, Animedia and Animage turned up last night.

That's pretty quick again this month. I seem to recall I only got the "we're sending them to you" e-mails mid-last week, so it's only taken about a week to cross the world.

Time for a quick plug, I think. I use a site called cd-japan. Just click on the magazine subscriptions thing at the top for the er... magazine subscriptions (stating the obvious: ten points).

I used to use j-list's subscriptions and, not wanting to make my first proper bloggage a hate-fest, but they were rubbish. On one occasion I remember getting the magazines for one month after I'd got the following month. Although this is the only area where I ever had any problems with j-list - otherwise they were fine.

I also tend to get all my figures from cd-japan as well. One of the reasons for this is that they have one of those e-mail newsletter things, and it's pretty good. They're very regular (several a week) and it just lists out all the stuff that's new to pre-order with a link so you can go look on the site.

For me, this is an ideal approach. I get several e-mail newsletters and tbh, I much prefer the cd-japan method. The ones that try to be all journalistic and proper newsletter-ish kinda turn me off - I already know they're just trying to sell me stuff, that's why I subscribed, so I don't want to wade through a bunch of flibber just to get to the list of goodies for sale.

But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, it was actually kinda a bonanza night of goodies last night. My latest comics from tfaw turned up, and cd-japan also sent me my latest ikkitousen figure as well as a particular DVD I'd ordered.

I was like a pig in shit :).

No comments: