Thursday 15 May 2008

New material

Been working on some new material for my sites - mainly trismugistus.com. It's been a long time since I posted any updates, but I've at least started writing some reviews.

I guess there's a couple of walls near completion too, but I've kinda gone off walling at the mo. I've also gone off scanning - I've got a pile of 8 art books to scan (with a bunch more on the way) and of course this month's Japanese mags to scan. To some extent I guess both are kinda backlash effects from what happened with me throwing my stroppy fit over at AP.

But tbh, it really feels like I've had too much on my plate to really keep going with some of my projects and hobbies.

The main problem has been I've had too much to watch. I've a terrible habit of buying far too many DVDs for me to be able to actually watch before I buy the next load. I mean, I must have so many DVDs that I need to watch that I bet if I started watching now and did nothing else I wouldn't get finished before the end of the year.

Now that might sound great, but it costs an absolute fortune. And since I've been struggling a bit, financially, I've been trying to unlock this money by determinedly ploughing through stuff and then selling on the non-keepers on e-bay.

It's surprising how much time e-bay eats up. It's a lot better than it used to be putting auctions on, but you still have all the time it takes to photograph the item, crop the photo, weigh and calculate postage and write the bid. And then there's the time it takes to parcel things up and of course the hours stood in the queue in the post office.

And all that's capped off by there having been quite a lot of good shows on normal TV during winter and spring. Hopefully during summer these will tail off like they normally do and I can really get the job done.

I should also get writing again - I've been having one of those spurts of getting lots of ideas again, but I've lacked the motivation to actually start writing. And of course I need to finish the novel, Man in the Loop.

No comments: