Friday 16 May 2008

Next!

So having finished GaoGaiGar I've started watching Genshiken.

I was a little reticent about watching Genshiken, as I'd heard a lot of good reviews about it, and I can have this weird reaction to popular stuff, but I must say I love the show.

One of the ways I can tell I like a show is if I'm mentally writing the review as I'm watching it. Well, I also get that for shows I really don't like, but in this case I do like.

I've also had a good look at the new Japanese mags that turned up the other day. Whilst I wouldn't say I'm disappointed I've noticed a bit of a downturn in them recently.

Perhaps it's slightly a reflection of me not having watched any shows from the new season yet (yet another thing on the big ol' to-do list) so the spreads etc that are there don't quite feel that special to me yet, but it's not just that.

In recent mag's there have been far fewer spreads than there were this time last year. Although, sayign that, I've not been collecting for that long, and maybe last year was the aberration and had far more than normal, but it certainly feels like there's just less now.

Part of this is also due to Geass R2, which seems to be eating up large chunks of the mags. Now since I love Geass, this is a bit of mixed bag - I'm glad the mags are enthusiastic about it, but because you only get 1 spread and then a bunch of pages of writing, it doesn't exactly help the pretty picture count.

No comments: