Friday 27 June 2008

cloverfield

So I watched cloverfield last night.

I have to say I'm really rather impressed. At first, it didn't really grab me - the twenty-somethings at a party bit just seemed to... I dunno, soap opera-ish, and even by the end with their "love story" aspect I wasn't particularly into that, but the whole concept of the movie, filmed hand-held by a guy who just happened to be there at the time had so much going for it and was so well done it truly won me over.

I also remembered what yesterdays post was meant to be all about. I knew it was meant to be something about traffic, but as mentioned couldn't pin it down when actually writing it.

Basically, what happened was that when I was coming home the night before there was a traffic jam. It was at a choke point where a dual carriageway goes down to single lane and occasionally you do get jams there if there's been an accident or similar.

However, as we came round the corner, it turned out the jam was because the police had set up one of those stop and search things. This pissed me off no end. I mean, being held up for an accident is one thing, but having 25 minutes added to my journey home because of some fucking police stop and search ting is just fucking ridiculous.

Needless to say I swore quite a bit at them as I was driving the last part home.

No comments: